Have you ever dreamed about becoming a shawl designer?
You are not alone. Lots of shawl knitters dream of a design career, and about making a living from their knitting pattern designs. As somebody who achieved this – yes, I’m making a living from knitting – I’m telling you exactly what it takes to become a successful shawl designer.
Shawl Design for Everybody is your free shawl design online resource covering every shawl shape you can possibly think of – including pattern templates, calculation how-tos, and tips for creating better knitting patterns.
Shawl Design for Every Shawl Shape You Can Possibly Think Of
The picture below provides an overview about the shawl shapes covered in this free online course. The names in brackets after each post below reflect the abbreviations used for the specific shawl shapes. Here is a PDF version.
Free Shawl Design Course: Table Of Contents
Square Shawl Shapes
- Rectangles (Stoles) (RECT)
- Square Shawls Hem to Hem (a.k.a. Shetland & Orenburg style) (SQUARE-1)
- Square Shawls Center Out (SQUARE-1)
- Square Shawls Worked Diagonally (SQUARE-2)
Triangle Shawl Shapes
Circles, Circle Parts & Crescents
- Circular & Annular Shawls (CIRCLE, RING)
- Circular segments (CIRCLE-SEC, RING-SEC)
- Crescents Shawls (CRESC, TRAPEZ)
Stars and Polygon Shawl Shapes
- Polygon Shawls and Star Shapes (POLY-5/7/N, POLY-SEGMENT, STAR)
Faroese Shawls and Winged Triangles
Innovative Shawl Shapes
- Vortex Shawls (VORTEX-1/2)
- Shawls With Slits
- The ultimate exotics: really weird & beautiful shawl shapes (S-CURVE, MOD-STAR)
By the way…
Don't miss your Friday Freebies!
Join us at knitting.today to get our latest content by email and never miss a Friday Freebie ever again