Are you a sock knitter dying to learn how to design your own knitted socks, or learn advanced sock knitting techniques? If your answer is “Yes!”, this blog series is the one-stop resource for you.
The extended version of this series is available in book form, called Sock Knitting in Plain English – I’m sure you’ll like it!
Over the next weeks, we’re going to work our way from zero to sock knitting and design together. The following topics are waiting for you:
Sock Knitting for Everybody: Table of Contents
- Day 1: Introduction: The Anatomy of Knitted Socks
- Day 2: Sock Elements: Toe Shaping (May 23)
- Day 3: Sock Elements: Cuffs (May 25)
- Day 4: Sock Elements: Sole and Instep (May 27)
- Day 5: Sock Elements: Heels (May 29)
- Day 6: Sock Sizing: Make Them Fit Your Feet! (May 31)
- Day 7: A Better Fit: Gussets & Instep Variations (Jun3 1)
- Day 8: From Socks to Stockings: Calf Shaping (June 3)
- Day 9: Tips & Tricks for Adjusting Stitch Counts (June 5)
- Day 10: Sock Knitting Cheat Sheet (June 7)
- Day 11: Final Remarks and Free Example Sock Knitting Patterns (June 9)
I’m sure you’ll enjoy the free sock design tutorials!
PS. The extended version of this series is available as the book Sock Knitting in Plain English – I’m sure you’ll like it!