Are you a sock knitter dying to learn how to design your own knitted socks, or learn advanced sock knitting techniques? If your answer is “Yes!”, this blog series is the one-stop resource for you.
The extended version of this series is available in book form, called Sock Knitting in Plain English – I’m sure you’ll like it!
Over the next weeks, we’re going to work our way from zero to sock knitting and design together. The following topics are waiting for you:
Sock Knitting for Everybody: Table of Contents
- Day 1: Introduction: The Anatomy of Knitted Socks
- Day 2: Sock Elements: Toe Shaping
- Day 3: Sock Elements: Cuffs
- Day 4: Sock Elements: Sole and Instep
- Day 5: Sock Elements: Heels
- Day 6: Sock Sizing: Make Them Fit Your Feet!
- Day 7: A Better Fit: Gussets & Instep Variations
- Day 8: From Socks to Stockings: Calf Shaping (Aug 19)
- Day 9: Tips & Tricks for Adjusting Stitch Counts (Aug 20)
- Day 10: Sock Knitting Cheat Sheet (Aug 21)
- Day 11: Final Remarks and Free Example Sock Knitting Patterns (Aug 22)
I’m sure you’ll enjoy the free sock design tutorials!
PS. The extended version of this series is available as the book Sock Knitting in Plain English – I’m sure you’ll like it!