For most people, lace knitting has always been one of those types of knitting that gives them a little chill. Together, yarn overs and decreases can form anything from flowers to geometric shapes in a way that almost no other type of knitting can.
If you feel ready for some serious lace knitting but have no idea where to start, this course is for you: We’ll master lace knitting together in 13 days – from zero to hero in lace knitting in no time!
- Day 1: A Brief History of Lace
- Day 2: Lace Knitting Stitches
- Day 3: Garter or Stockinette Stitch? Your Drawing Canvas
- Day 4: Charts in Lace Knitting
- Day 5: Reading Your Knitting
- Day 6: Techniques: Fixing Errors in Lace Knitting
- Day 7: Finding Stitch Patterns
- Day 8: Traditions: Orenburg Lace
- Day 9: Traditions: Estonian Lace
- Day 10: Traditions: Shetland Lace (to be published)
- Day 11: Traditions: Alpine Lace Knitting: Austria and Bavaria (to be published)
- Day 12: Techniques: Life Lines and Finishing
- Day 13: What now? Frequently Asked Questions (to be published)
Don't miss your Friday Freebies!
Join us at knitting.today to get our latest content by email and never miss a Friday Freebie ever again