For most people, lace knitting has always been one of those types of knitting that gives them a little chill. Together, yarn overs and decreases can form anything from flowers to geometric shapes in a way that almost no other type of knitting can.
If you feel ready for some serious lace knitting but have no idea where to start, this course is for you: We’ll master lace knitting together in 13 days – from zero to hero in lace knitting in no time!
- Day 1: A Brief History of Lace
- Day 2: Lace Knitting Stitches
- Day 3: Garter or Stockinette Stitch? Your Drawing Canvas
- Day 4: Knitting Charts and Lace Knitting
- Day 5: Which Row Am I? Reading Your Knitting
- Day 6: Fixing Mistakes in Lace Knitting
- Day 7: Finding Stitch Patterns
- Day 8: Orenburg Lace
- Day 9: Estonian Lace
- Day 10: Shetland Lace Knitting
- Day 11: Alpine Lace Knitting: Austria and Bavaria
- Day 12: Life Lines and Finishing (Feb 8, 2020)
- Day 13: What now? Frequently Asked Questions (Feb 10, 2020)
PS. This article series is available in a comprehensive form with lots of additional content, templates and example patterns in my book Lace Knitting for Beginners.
Have a look, it’s definitely worth it!
Don't miss your Friday Freebies!
Join us at knitting.today to get our latest content by email and never miss a Friday Freebie ever again