In this blog post series you’ll learn everything about adjustable shawls: How to create them, how to make specific shawl shapes adjustable, how to turn existing shawl knitting patterns into adjustable shawl patterns and much more. Make this shawl patterns fit your needs!
What Are Adjustable Shawls?
Adjustable shawls are shawls where you can freely decide how many repeats you knit and no matter how many repeats you decide to work, the design still works. Adjustable shawls are adaptable in size and yarn usage can be calculated in advance so left-overs can be minimized.
Adjustable Shawls: The Course Schedule
- Day 1: What Makes a Shawl Adjustable?
- Day 2: The Most Important Tool: Your Kitchen Scale
- Day 3: Resizing Square Shawls
- Day 4: Adjustable Stoles
- Day 5: Adjustable Triangle Shawls
- Day 6: Adjustable Circular Shawls
- Day 7: Adjustable Rhomboid Shawls
- Day 8: Adjustable Faroese Shawls
- Day 9: Adjustable Vortex and Swirl Shawls
- Day 10: Adjustable Crescent Shawls
- Day 11: Resizing Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Day 12: Example Patterns
- Day 13: Adjusting Stitch Patterns
PS. Did you know these articles are available in extended form as book? You can get it here: Adjustable Shawls.
I’m looking forward to working through the adjustable shawls course with you!
Don't miss your Friday Freebies!
Join us at knitting.today to get our latest content by email and never miss a Friday Freebie ever again